The Louisiana Chapter of AMTA employs Cheryl McCormick as our Lobbyist to keep an eye on anything that develops in the legislature that will affect Massage Therapists. She works closely with the Chapter’s Government Relations Chair.
Ms. McCormick’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Researching – legislation or regulatory proposals
- Monitoring – staying informed of and effectively reporting on developments and governmental issues
- Helps us develop an effective policy strategy
- Proactively keeps us apprised of any new legislation that may impact our organization or the massage profession
- Assists us with drafting new legislation
- Develop strategies to enact new laws and change existing laws